Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I am GRATEFUL that JR Qualifies!!

Gratitude Journal Entry # 66

The ladies from the infant/Toddler program from the state came today to do an evaluation. They both said that they are required to go back and add up their numbers to see if he qualifies but they both said that they know right now for sure that he qualifies in both areas, cognitive and speech. Which is good! I honestly thought that he would just qualify for just speech. He's about six months or more behind in both and that's how he qualifies. The best part is they come to your house! I felt really strongly that when I was carrying him that he was struggling with the idea of wanting to come and that he was going to have a hard life somehow. When he was born I thought that his life would be hard because of all of his Allergies. When he started eating he could only eat three things, he was allergic to everything else, that's how bad his allergies was. But now I know it won't just be his allergies, but I am glad that he will have the help along the way. He has always been blessed with help along the way. Whenever there was a time that I needed to do something for him, I would receive the inspiration on how to help him. For instance, with his allergies, I had the impression at seven months to stop nursing and take him off all the things that he was allergic to and then when he was about fourteen months I started introducing some of those things back in and then he was fine. When he was a baby he was HARD, this song came to my mind (sung to the tune of Rubber Ducky) "Junior baby, your the one, you make life lots of fun, Junior baby I'm awefully fond of you- to- boo- boo- bee- doo-whee! He loved it and would calm right down and fall asleep or not be so fussy, the kids memorized it too so when he was being fussy they would sing this to him and he would calm right down. I know I was inspired to come up with that song to sing to him, it made life more positive and helped him get through a lot. I still sing that too him and he loves it! And many more things that I was inspired to do to help him along the way. My testimony has grown through this with the knowledge that our Heavenly Father knows who we are, he knows what we need and that he will help us if we have the faith in him.

1 comment:

  1. Jennece...I am glad he qualifies! I wonder who he will get? When you get people to start coming we should talk...he might have the same people that Elsie has.
    Sorr I haven't gotten that CD to you yet...I will do it soon!

    ReplyDelete