Friday, March 26, 2010

I am GRATEFUL for Perfect Strangers!!

Gratitude Journal Entry # 68

All my life I have had Perfect Strangers come into my life at the Perfect time! It's like Heavenly Father, since he couldn't be there he sends them. This week I was at Wallgreens stocking up on some more diapers and I just needed a few more before the sale went off, so I decided to take the boys with me just real quick (I don't know why I fool myself, it's never EVER just real quick) Anyhow, as I am standing in line I kept the two older boys happy by bribing them with M & M's :) and then I was holding the bottle for the baby realizing that I forgot the blanket in the car to prop the bottle up so I can go pay. While I was thus contemplating on this, a woman, sweet and gentle and very kind came up to me and asked if she could hold his bottle for me so that I could check out. I was surprised by this but felt her sweet spirit and was quickly glad for her offer because I was now next in line. Well, needless to say she held that bottle for atleast ten to fifteen min. and was very happy to do it. The other checkers kept offering her to check her out at their register but she refused by telling them that she has five children of her own and she really wants to help this lady. I am greatful to her for her help, for I really needed it, but I am not very good at excepting help, I will get better at that.
My memory of another Perfect Stranger was when we got into our really bad car accident in December of 1998, we were on our way to our ward Christmas party. It almost took the life of Sloane's half sister. She was twelve and was living with us at the time. An older couple came up and held Dash for me, he was only two months old while I was being checked out by the ambulance guys, because I hit my head on my window and cut my ear, we were hit from the side. Then a women who was a nurse came up and was taking Leandra's (that's Sloane's half sisters name) pulse, she was to play the angel that night in the play. It was amazing how all those people were there. And one last memory....When I found out that I was pregnant with my seventh, I was feeling emotional one day about it and I decided to go to the shoe store to get some comfortable sandals since now I was going to be pregnant through the summer. I was looking through the shoes when a worker lady came up to me and asked if she could help me find anything. I told her I needed something comfy because I am pregnant, and then she stopped me with the question "How many is this for you?" I sheepishly told her "Seven." Her next question kind of shocked me, she asked "Are you happy about this?" and I told her "Yes, yes I am." She then got so excited and then got serious real quick and told me that she was so happy to meet people like me that has children and are happy about it and not the opposite because she was never able to have children of her own and wanted them so badly. I was humbled at that very moment by this Perfect Stranger that shared that most sacred thing about herself and by the fact that at one point I wasn't sure if I was happy about it. But thanks to that Perfect Stranger I realized that I am very Blessed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment