Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Did you Know??? I am GRATEFUL that I NOW know!!

Gratitude Journal Entry #71

When Junior started out eating we found out long before he started food that he was really allergic to Wheat and Soy. I had the hardest time finding formula without Soy and he was really allergic to soy. So we put him on Goats milk at seven months and that worked so then I thought I was in the clear with the cereal because I knew he could eat oatmeal. Well, I had a "feeling" to read boxes carefully. So I did and discovered that on the Gerber cereal box of oatmeal it read "May have traces of Wheat in it." Now why would they do that to little babies.:( So they had a phone number on the back of the box for you to call so I remember calling to ask and to make sure that there wasn't any soy in it too I also said that my baby is allergic to wheat why would they do this and she said that she would take this information and take it back to the board to talk about it. So we tried it and sure enough he broke out and was miserable. So then I found Beech Nut brand and on the box said is careful with allergies and has no soy in it. So we tried it and sure enough he DIDN'T break out. So...two nights ago we went and bought a box of Gerber oatmeal cereal for our little baby Daniel and he tried it and the next day was SUPER constipated and broke out MAJOR and was super fussy all day long!! So then I had the feeling to call Sloane and have him pick me up a box of Beech Nut oatmeal cereal, and sure enough he DIDN'T brake out and he wasn't constipated!! (So yes this means he's allergic to wheat!) So I read the box of Gerber again to see if it said that and to my surprise they don't say "May contain traces of wheat!" UGHHHHHH! So when I called a year and a half ago they basically did NOTHING and just took that off the boxes! I want to write them a nasty letter, ok I will be nice! No I really want to write them a letter letting them know how serious this could be if some baby was highly allergic to wheat! Again, why would they do this???? They just don't care and they don't care about allergies in babies, so sad for them because I am getting the word out and I am Never buying Gerber again!! Ok, now that I got that out I will calm down now ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment