Friday, February 26, 2010

I am GRATEFUL for this months ENSIGN!

Gratitude Journal Entry #49

When the Ensign Arrived two days ago I picked it up and still have not been able to put it down!! I have really enjoyed some of the articles in this months ensign, they have really helped me!
-I enjoyed the article on "What Mothers Can learn from the Savior." Lately Sloane and I have been talking and our older two children when we read the Book of Mormon each night they have been participating and asking GREAT questions and answering, but then we noticed that our two little girls in the middle aren't really participating and we were so caught up in our older two that we almost forgot about them. So lately we have been simplyfying our scripture reading and before we go on we are making sure our two little girls are getting it. The other night the two girls were constantly in my face wanting our attention and it was getting really annoying so I handed them the friend that just came and told them to read, then I had a strong impression to go read one article with them, so I did and then I explained what it meant and then my youngest says, "wow, that was fun, can we do that again?" I never realized how much they need that attention and this article on mothers really helped me more fully see that.
-I also loved the article by Russell M. Nelson on "Neither trust in the arm of flesh." It made me want to have more faith in my heavenly father and helped me realize that he's in charge and had the ability to heal all.
-I also liked "Acceptable Service." Knowing even if we can only give one arm to give blessings, it is acceptable for our Heavenly Father, what ever we can give even with our imperfections he will accept!
-I really liked "Learning Through Life's Trials," This gave me peace of mind that we are loved and that we have to go through trials to help mold us.
-I LOVED this article "Trials and Testimony," I learned that John the revelator saw our day and he said that the ones who make it will be the one's who draw upon there own testimony to help them get through what ever trials they face.
-I also LOVED this article on "Enduring Well," This woman's experience really gave me a new perspective on Enduring to the end, and that I too thought like she did when she first started having trials but then she learned a new perspective. I learned a new way of enduring.
-Last but not least because I am NOT done reading the Ensign yet, but this one I loved because I have thought of quitting so many times writing a gratitude journal on here because it's hard to think of something every single day but since I have been doing it, I have gotten better at it and I realized through this article "The value of Experiencing and Expressing GRATITUDE." I have learned through this article that by doing that expressing and experiencing that it helps our minds become more positive and then we have a more positive energy and we can feel the spirit more often in our lives, and how true I have found that to be! I think President Monson says it all "If INgratitude be numbered among the serious sins, then Gratitude takes it's place among the Noblest of Virtues. Despite the challenges which come into our lives and with gratitude in our hearts, may we fill our days as much as we can with those things that matter most."

1 comment:

  1. I have loved reading the things you are grateful for every day, it uplifts those around you too!

    ReplyDelete