Saturday, April 24, 2010

I am GRATEFUL for the inspired words at Conference that I get to reread

Gratitude Journal Entry #81

I love this picture, it was taken at this last General Conf. It shows to me the love and the unity that these inspired men have for each other and for all of us. For the past couple of weeks I have struggled, I have even asked the question to myself "Once that I have gained Faith, How do I attain it, How do I keep it so strong that when life's storms come and I know that they will and are, How do I keep it close to my heart and hold it so tight that I never ever let it go?" This morning the kids were being so good and helpful that I actually took advantage of it and reread some of the talks that were given at conference. I am still learning but I get through those inspired talks that it's through putting total trust in the lord, which is hard to do. I loved the talk that was given about prayer, I never thought about prayer in this way by Bishop Keith B. McMullin says "For prayers to be efficacious, they must be in harmony with the plan of Heaven. The prayer of faith bears fruit when such harmony exists when prayers are inspired by the Holy Spirit. The Spirit manifests what our petitions should be. Absent this inspired guidance, we are inclined to "Ask amiss," to seek only our will and not "Thy will." It is as important to be guided by the Holy Spirit while praying as it is to be enlightened by that same Spirit while receiving an answer to prayer. Prayers are our life line to Heaven. That has changed my way of thinking about saying my prayers, I think my prayers have been lately only about my will and not "Thy will."
Another Talk from Elder Wilford W. Andersen, He talked about the early saints and their faith even through trials. I loved the story he gave about a friend who recently died from cancer and when he was diagnosed and the whole family was with him, he turned to everyone and with perfect faith he said "Does anybody in this room have a problem with the plan of salvation?"
What perfect faith that God knows him and his needs and his families needs and that he had perfect faith that God will see them through. These and other great talks are so comforting.

1 comment:

  1. I love that picture, too! Yes, conference edition of the Ensign is great! I do better reading than listening...so much more retained.

    ReplyDelete