Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I am GRATEFUL for an actively engaging FHE on Monday night

Gratitude Journal Entry #85

I know this is so late, I am a little behind.
On Monday we had such a great family home evening lesson and it involved everyone and everyone got really into it! It was fun, our theme was the word "Heart" not our physical heart but our spiritual heart. The Scripture that I used for our theme was Mathew 6:19-21 "Lay not up for yourselves Treasures upon the Earth, but lay up for yourselves Treasures in Heaven, For where your Treasure is, there will your Heart be also." I had a dry earase board and I drew a line down the middle and on one side I put "Good Heart" and on the other side I put "Bad Heart" and then I told the kids that we were all going to look up in the index, topical guide, Bible dictionary where ever they wanted, scriptures on the Heart. It was kinda like a scripture chase. Then once they found one then we all looked that scripture up together and then they read the scripture. Then they had to decide what kind of heart it's talking about and then they had to put it either on the good side or bad side. Amazingly the kids were really getting into it and even the little kids wanted to find some too, so daddy was the one busy helping them find some scriptures. At the end we had a great list, of course we had more on the good side than the bad. Then I went through each thing on our list and explained them more, then I asked the question "How important is our spiritual hearts?" They all decided that it was really important where our hearts are. All of them including me learned a great lesson that night and it was such a spiritual lesson all of them enjoyed it including Sloane and I. It also taught them how to look up a topic if they needed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment