Monday, January 4, 2010

I am GRATEFUL for my Independent Children

Gratitude Journal Entry #4
My Children Love to be Independent and I am so happy that they are! Dash wanted to make eggs this morning and he ended up making eggs for all the kids and he loved feeling useful and it made him HAPPY! He made me laugh, he came up to me and put his hand on my shoulder and told me (in a serious charming voice) that anytime I needed him to make eggs, he was the guy for the job, he's so funny. Lately all of my children have learned something to help them be more independent so that when they grow up they will know how to do these things for themselves. Candi-learned how to do her own laundry and is good at it. Shell-just learned how to change diapers (even poopy ones) and volunteers amazingly every time we need a diaper changed for one of the boys. Violet- loves making PB&J sandwhiches for anyone who wants one and she's good at it. EB- loves to help mommy cook in the kitchen and he's good at it. All of these things make my kids happy which makes me happy and brings joy to my heart to watch them learn and be excited about it.

1 comment:

  1. hahahha! neal is so funny one time when i was at your house neal gave me fashion advice! ahaha i love him <3

    ReplyDelete