Friday, January 15, 2010

I am GRATEFUL for this months Ensign

Gratitude Journal Entry #15

One of my resolutions this year is to be better at reading the Ensign, it seems like I get it and I end up only reading the Visiting Teaching message. I have been reading a little everyday and I am really loving how they have reorganized the Ensign, it's really neat. My favorite article so far is By Jeffery R. Holland "The Best is Yet to be." That is a great article and it's funny because Sloane and I were just talking about the story of Lot and his wife in Sodom and Gomorrah so it's funny that it talks about that story in this article. I also love how they have put the visiting teaching message right behind the First Presidency's message. It's wonderful and I have really enjoyed this magazine, it feels like they have raised the bar!
I love this quote by Neal A. Maxwell:
"One's life cannot be both faith-filled and stress-free, Therefore, how can you and I really expect to glide naively through life, as if to say, "Lord, give me experience, but not grief, not sorrow, not pain, not oppostition, not betrayal, and certainly not to be forsaken. Keep from me , Lord, all those experiences which made Thee what Thou Art! Then let me come and dwell with Thee and fully share Thy joy"
That made me feel different about the trials in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment