Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year!!

Happy New year everyone! I love the new year, it's a time of reflection and a time to make new goals and to take a self check and decide what you want to change. I have many goals in mind...Getting in shape (of course everyone decides that) and to work on my relationship with my Heavenly Father and Children...read personal scriptures etc., Read more to kids (I slacked on that when I was pregnant and I miss reading to my kids at night, so I want to get back into that) the movie Blind Side made me really miss reading to my kids and the joy of a good book (besides, I secretly love children's literature more than grown up books, shhh don't tell!:) I am also going to have to get really creative on my budget this year....3yr old in Pull ups he refuses to do #2 in the toilet ughhhhh! NO bribe has worked and EVERYONE even grandma has even tried (Stubborn kid) So mom is going to have to get smart and put real underwear on him because he has #1 down really good and make him (with my help of course) clean his own underwear when he decides to do #2 in his UNDERWEAR!!-So that's one expense, then I have a 2yr old in diapers and a newborn in diapers and....I have quite breastfeeding due to masstitis three times in the first two weeks of my babies life, NOT fun! So I decided to save my sanity and just bottle feed, HOWEVER....he's another allergy boy so of course we are using the most expensive formula on the market...MY WORD (as Shirley Temple would say). Grand total: A wopping $175 extra a month!! Oh, the joys! I reflect on my family and how much fun we have had just being together this holiday season without extended family around or anything. I LOVE BEING a MOM it's too much fun and I especially enjoy it better when I am NOT pregnant. I love my kids and how they don't have to have friends all the time around them, they enjoy each other and being together and of course there are times they don't get along however we are blessed that they enjoy being together, I love to watch them make forts together, create plays and musicals and preform them for us, bake together, watch movies together, play games together( on sunday they were really quiet which is rare for my kids and they were upstairs in Candy's room playing a game that she made up together, it was so touching to see that), Going sledding together, going to Costco together, Etc...and my Husband is the BEST dad in the world, I love working side by side with him conquering everything in life together, he's a dream! I have to make a special statement about my precious husband, I am so greatful for him, I have not had postpardom at all this time and I know it's because I have had the help of my helpmate to thank for that, he's been sharing the load of helping me get up at night with the baby taking turns with the baby and sharing the burden of sleep deprivation which he's never really done before, and I am so greatful that he's willing to do that, he's wonderful and no words can express how much that touches my heart, thanks honey!
Ok the only sad part of leaving next year behind is letting go of the fact that Christmas is over...I loved Christmas this year, being with family, doing traditions and it being so laid back and wonderful and the decorations, oh I have loved it all this year it will be sad to take it all down! I added more decorations this year thinking I will need more cheer since I usually have postpardom, I will add pictures of all the decorations next post...when my house is a little cleaner:). Hope everyone has a great and memorable and joyful New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Jennece you had me laughing and laughing about this post!!! Good luck with all the diapers and formula this year :)

    ReplyDelete