Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day to all the Great Father's in My Life!


This is my favorite picture of me and my dad. I am daddies little girl and always will be. I have a great and loving father who was alway there for me. He taught me how to ride my bike, built my first swing set (which I played on all the time), Took me to the Seattle Aquarium just him and I and bought me a stuffed otter that I slept with every night, He would buy me beautiful dresses at Fredrick n' Nelson's department store where he worked and would bring me my favorite chocolates home FRANGOS the mint kind. He would warn me of boys that I shouldn't hang out with, he was good at judging there character and he was always right, and he loved Sloane from the moment he met him. I loved to watch him make candies, cookies, work in his garden, watching him learn how to be a beekeeper and he was good at it. I loved boating with my dad and watching this old man waterski:) He loved to support me in all that I did in school, coming to my track meets, soccer games, choir concerts ect. He even let me go around the neighborhood selling outdated callendars when I was a little kid and I didn't know what outdated meant and he was surprised when I brought home some money(most dad's wouldn't allow that). Running up and sitting on my dad's lap when he was in the bishopbric. He had great faith in me and still does. But the best thing about my dad is that he was always so loving and he showed it often, he wasn't affraid to show his affection for his children and I am so grateful for that. Thank you dad, I have so many, many more great memories of you and I love you VERY much! Happy Father's day!

This is Sloane's Father and I love and miss him. He died when I was pregnant with Violet my fourth child. This is my favorite picture because it represents something that he loved especially because it meant he was helping others and that was what Sloane's dad was all about. He was a police officer for Tacoma Police and every year they would have a Bacon Bowl for all the officers that wanted to play football to raise money for the children's hospital and Murphy (that's his name) loved to help any way he could plus he loved to play football and he was good at it. He played and was the oldest player on the team all the way up until the year he died and then with an emotional ceremony retired his number, all the men were in tears it was very touching. In this perticular picture he was 50 years old and started that year and did often even though he was twenty years older than the other players, that's how good he was. They took this picture and put it in the paper, he broke two ribs and played the whole game, he loved this picture because he was so proud of himself for being able to prove that even though he was older he still had it in him. He was a good example of Temple attendance, he went all the time and would do many sessions at a time, he loved the temple. He was also the best hometeacher, he really cared about the people that he taught and would go out of his way to help them. He was a loving and affectionate father and I am grateful for his great example of service, love, family, and his testimony of the gospel.




Last but not least, my Honey! He's a great father and Husband. I love that he cares and loves each one of our children and treats them with kindness and cares about their spiritual welfare. I am grateful that he his affectionate and gives them lots of loves, they love that from their dad. He's funny and makes us laugh a lot! He always has great ideas to do as a family and we always have lots of fun doing them. He is good at listening to the spirit to help him be a better father. I am so grateful that our children know that it's important to him that he loves their mother and shows it, they sometimes think it's gross that he kisses me in front of them, but they don't know what it's like to be on the other side of that coin. Sloane watched his parents divorce at age six with the last big fight and Sloane hasn't forgotten it. I am so grateful that he has taken his fathers good example and made the temple important to him and hometeaching important ect. I love this fun and crazy man of mine! Happy Father's day Honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment